Information we collect
We may collect and store “personal information,” which identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual that you choose to provide to us when you provide them through the Site or when you contact us. The types of personal information we collect may include:
- your name, postal address, email address, phone number, occupation, and other contact information;
- information regarding your dealings with us;
- any interest you have about our services or our practice areas;
- when you provide information as a client in connection with us providing professional services to you;
- from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected), and other third parties; and
- any information you may voluntarily submit to us by completing any form on our Site.
How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we obtain about you both to further our relationship with you and for other purposes, including to:
- process, evaluate and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- create and manage your account;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our advertising; learning about our visitors, analyzing our services and website; and facilitating our website);
- process employment applications, including assessing qualifications, verifying information, and conducting reference or other employment-related checks;
- comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards, including federal, state, and local government agencies; and
Also, we use information collected online through cookies and other automated means for purposes such as
- recognizing your computer when you visit the Site,
- tracking you as you navigate the Site,
- improving the Site’s usability,
- analyzing the use of the Site, and
- managing the Site.
We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our Site, identify our site users, and gather demographic information about our users. We may use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our Site, how users navigate through our Site, and how we may tailor our Site to meet the needs of our users better.
We may use personal information for other additional purposes. We will identify these additional purposes at the time of collection.
Access, updates and your rights and choices
Subject to applicable law, you may:
- Have the right to access certain personal information we maintain about you and obtain a copy of that information
- Update or correct inaccuracies in that information
- Object to our use of your personal information
- Delete your personal information from our database
- You can request access, correction, updates, or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to your personal information processing, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted before your withdrawal. Nor will it affect processing your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent, (iv) you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries, including the US and Canada, are available here.
To review the full text of the GDPR, helpful FAQs, and summaries of key provisions, visit the EU’s official website.
In your request, please clarify what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your information suppressed from our database. Otherwise, let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests regarding the Personal Information associated with the particular email address you use to send us your request. We may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes and complete any transactions you began before requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless a more extended retention period is required or permitted by law.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
Non-personal information is data that cannot, on its own, be used to identify a specific individual uniquely. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. We may combine personal and non-personal information for specific purposes; this data will then be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined. Conversely, aggregated information, i.e., data that might have originated from personal information, but processed in such a way as not to allow personal identification, is treated as non-personal information.
You may opt-out of Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl+en=GB.
Third parties may track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including cookies, web server logs and web beacons, to collect or receive information from our Site and elsewhere on the internet. This information is used to provide measuring services and show you advertisements tailored to your interests.
This Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described herein, or otherwise disclose to you when the data is collected.
We may share your information provided by our visitors to this Site with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, insurance carriers, business associates, hosting or operating providers for this Site and analyzing data. We require these service providers by contract to appropriately safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf.
We may disclose information about you:
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena).
- In response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities.
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Links to other websites
The Site may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review to better understand their procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information. We are not responsible for the content of the linked websites, any use of these sites, or these sites’ privacy practices.
Protection of Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
Inside United Benefits, we restrict access to personal information to only those who need to know that information to deploy and maintain our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality agreements and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 on the Site.
How to contact us
United Benefits Group, LLC
174 Nassau Street, #167
Princeton, NJ 08542